This is going to be a whiney post, so you're welcome to leave now if you like. Not only do I have two weeks off work, everyone is being very solicitous about my well being, tuned into my needs, and generally treating me like I might break. Help!!! I miss my job!! I miss my car!!! I miss the gym!! I want to soak in a hot tub. I want to quit taking antibiotics. I want my family to stop hassling me to get me to take pain meds. I have no pain I cannot deal with. Oh, did I mention I miss sex? I never said this list was in order. The doctor took a quick look at my belly yesterday and said,“Good, see ya next week.” He pulls off his gloves and turns to leave.
“Wait doc, I do have a few questions.”
“Sure,” he says.
“When can I get back to the gym?” He looks at me with amazement and starts on a lecture about something, infection, healing, crap, I wasn’t actually listening. I stopped him mid stream, even though the very elderly nurse was standing right there because she can’t leave the room until I’m wearing pants again.
“Sex,” I query, hopefully? He turns his back on me with a look of disgust.
“Tell him he’ll have to wait.” Honestly the man said it with a straight face.
So, this all seems familiar somehow. I’m in a miserable situation. I have no patience and I have no one to blame but myself. Damn.
BTW, my oven is broken, and the needed parts require two weeks shipping and 400 dollars. I have no idea what I’m making for Thanksgiving dinner. That’s okay because the doctor specifically told me not to be up on my feet cooking all day somewhere in that rant he gave me. I’m still very grateful to be surrounded by a loving family and friends who will take me to the store for seasonal beverages.
Hope everyone has a great holiday tomorrow.
Get well soon! You're such a kid, you.
ReplyDeleteBut really? Not even a little back door action?
ReplyDeleteGood thing there are beverages for every season!
ReplyDeleteHappy Thanksgiving, and here's to a speedy recovery! You really should have made the doc uncomfortable (and the old lady, too) by telling him it was YOU who was sick of waiting!
Oh, I did WG and he said nothing. After all M@ this surgery was on my belly which last I checked was a comfortable distance from the action. He just doesn't want me to strain anything. Maybe he knows me better than I think.
ReplyDeleteChin up, Spellbound--there are many non-strenuous ways to have fun. Let your fingers do the walking...
ReplyDeleteSorry Crankster, I've no patience and I've already violated doctor's orders. Oh, I drove my car today too, btw.
ReplyDeleteI'll bet hubby is one happy guy - congrats to you dear, you've done everything you said you were going to do!
ReplyDeletepz
Thanks pz, he is happy, but nervous. He's even talking about joining the gym! Of course, I didn't do it for him but for myself, the person I almost lost to his addictions. The children say I'm his newest addiction. They may be right, but still, that's not my problem or my responsibility.
ReplyDelete